WALKING TOGETHER EVENT – FIRST PEOPLES’ THEOLOGICAL CONFERENCE
Are you interested in attending the historic inaugural First Peoples’ Theological Conference?
When? Saturday 22 October 2022, 9.30am – 4.45pm AEDT
Where? Wesley Mission, 220 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
What? Inaugural First People’s Theological Conference. An opportunity to hear the voices and perspectives of First Peoples on issues relating to the Uniting Church, Theology, and Reconciliation.
About this event
The Uniting Church Synod of NSW and the ACT, in collaboration with the United Theological College, Uniting Mission and Education, and Newtown Mission, is pleased to host the inaugural First Peoples’ Theological Conference – an opportunity to hear the voices and perspectives of First Peoples on issues relating to the Uniting Church, Theology, and Reconciliation.
Keynote speakers include:
- Rev’d Mark Kickett, Interim National Chairperson of the Uniting Aboriginal and Islander Christian Congress (UAICC).
- Rev’d Dr Garry Deverell, Lecturer and Research Fellow, School of Indigenous Studies, University of Divinity.
- Professor Dr Anne Pattel-Gray, Head of the School of Indigenous Studies with University of Divinity.
The program runs from 9:30 am – 4:45 pm with sessions from each of our speakers and a time for open discussion.
- Morning and afternoon tea will be provided on the day. Please note that lunch is not supplied, however there are several cafes and lunch options within close walking distance of the venue.
- For those who can’t attend in person, a Digital Access ticket is available for $35.
Cost? In person $65/$50 concession; Digital Access ticket $35. This early bird rate ends 9 September. Concession tickets are $50.
Registration on Eventbrite