ABM believes in a world where all people enjoy God's promise of love, hope and justice. We work to see this belief become a reality.
ABM is the national mission agency of the Anglican Church of Australia working with overseas and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities.
We have a holistic view of God’s mission. We work with Anglican Church partners and others to see lives empowered and transformed spiritually, materially and socially.
We help the Anglican Church and the wider community realise and respond to the invitation for all to be a part of God’s hope for the world.
As individuals and as an organisation we embrace the following values:
- Faithfulness to God. We celebrate the capacity of every person to respond to God’s love. Holding a clear Christian commitment we respect the traditions and beliefs of other faiths.
- Integrity in every aspect of our work. We pursue transparency and accountability in all matters.
- Respect for the created order and human dignity. Our mission has its basis in God’s unconditional love made known in Christ. We acknowledge our responsibility to care for Creation. We respect the dignity and vulnerability of each person and seek to emulate God’s love in our relations with others.
- Wise management of our resources. Recognising the fine balance between good stewardship and compassionate action we commit ourselves to practical, equitable and merciful outcomes.
- Creativity and hard work. We believe that innovation and resourcefulness, combined with diligence, will have a powerful and positive impact on the struggle for justice.
- Relational reciprocity. In our internal and external relationships we commit to genuine two-way engagement, shared learning, honesty and cultural sensitivity.
- Caring for and serving others. Taking our inspiration from the example of Christ who modelled love and compassion for others.
Our Partners include:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Anglicans
The Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea
The Episcopal Church in the Philippines
Philippine Independent Church (Iglesia Filipina Independiente)
The Anglican Church of Melanesia
The Anglican Church of Korea
The Anglican Church of Myanmar (Burma)
The Episcopal Church of Jerusalem and the Middle East
The Anglican Church of Kenya
The Episcopal Church of Sudan
The Anglican Church in Zambia
The Amity Foundation, China